Clean Energy Fuels is looking for a VP of Commodities to join us at our beautiful Newport Beach, California campus! We are an essential business looking for a dynamic leader who will be responsible for managing commodities to serve the Company, while aiming to maximize profits.
Benefits Offered - 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
The Vice President, Natural Gas Commodities will conduct market analysis monitoring natural gas and electricity trends and usage across North America, manage and secure fixed commodity agreements, storage, and LNG supply to strategically position the company. In this position, you will work in a lively, ever-evolving industry and will create value through analyzing and understanding the energy market. Your expertise in negotiating gas supply and market intelligence will be key in increasing shareholder value in today’s market. You will work cross functionally with a dynamic team to continue to build the business. You will apply a risk/reward proposition to all transaction decisions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Ensure the Company has a secure natural gas supply in relation to demand including negotiation of new gas and power supply contracts.
- Understand supply and demand and the associated price drivers.
- Manage fixed price gas supply execution for the company and various customers.
- Manage company fixed price hedging program.
- Execution of commodity swap spread and other gas programs involving investment partner, TOTAL.
- Develop and execute risk management strategies for utilities and pipelines.
- Develop and publish gas commodity and utility pricing details along with a WACOG calculation for the companies LNG Plants.
- Review and Approval of all gas supply, LNG supply, Diesel Supply, Freight invoices.
- Working with the Legal and Sales Departments, review and approval of all commodity contract language in various sales contracts; work to support project opportunities.
- Develop and execute trade strategies.
- Fulfill contractual requirements through the support of transportation scheduling.
- Provide analysis support including generation of ad hoc reports.
- Recommend policy and procedure improvements.
- Maintain knowledge of energy futures.
- Ability to travel at least 25% of the time.
This position may supervise a team of employees. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Finance or Engineering or related field plus a minimum of 7 years of related experience and a minimum of 2 years of management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Clean Energy is North America's leading provider of natural gas fuel for transportation and a global leader in expanding international natural gas vehicle markets. With experience and expertise built over more than a decade, we are committed to helping our customers -- companies operating all kinds of fleets from the goods movement sector, to refuse and public transit, to shuttles and taxi fleets -- gain the measurable economic and environmental advantages of natural gas fueling. We have more than 400 employees and are continuing to expand our portfolio of 500+ stations.
Email resumes to: