Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Milestones Psychology is a thriving psychology group practice in the Flatiron District of New York City. We are a group of multidisciplinary clinicians who specialize in working with children in preschool through students in college, their families, and their schools. We pride ourselves on providing cutting-edge evidence-based interventions to help our clients achieve their goals. We strive to cultivate a nurturing and supportive team that encourages personal and professional growth and are dedicated to facilitating equitable, inclusive, and antiracist practice.
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a full-time clinician who has expertise in providing evidence-based interventions to children and families. Common reasons for referral include anxiety, OCD, selective mutism, ADHD, behavior regulation challenges, parenting skills, divorce, transition to school, and need for higher-level behavior management in the home/or school setting. We are looking for a clinician who is incredibly well-trained and skilled in treatments for these areas. We would love to expand our team's clinical breadth of expertise with a new team member that specializes in fields of practice that would strengthen or diversify the services we can provide. If your values align with our commitment to providing exceptional treatment to children and families, fostering a supportive professional community, and affirming diversity, equity, and inclusion within our practice, we encourage you to apply.
Compensation is a competitive percentage of gross income based on experience. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, reimbursement for malpractice insurance, professional consultation, and continuing education. Qualified candidates should submit their curriculum vitae to Beth Hubley at email@example.com For more information about our practice please visit our website at www.milestonespsychology.com
The ideal candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years experience practicing as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Ability to obtain a valid NY State LCSW license by the beginning of employment
- Exceptional clinical skills in the area of evidence-based treatments for children and
- Prior experience in consulting with school staff and conducting classroom observations
- Demonstrated experience with professional writing as well as with public speaking
- Motivated self-starter with a great attitude, flexibility, and enterprising spirit
- Ability to work under pressure to prioritize and manage workload, manage simultaneous tasks and meet deadlines within a fast-paced and changing environment
- Strong teamwork ethic with positive, flexible attitude; ability to take complete ownership of responsibilities
- Flexibility with work schedule to meet productivity goals and deadlines
- Team player and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
Preferred clinical experiences, skills, or qualities include:
- Specialization in treatments for Anxiety and OCD
- Specialization in RO-DBT or DBT
- Specialization in parent coaching or family therapy
- Experience or interest in providing behaviorally-based in-home or community-based services for children and teens who have anxiety and/or executive functioning challenges
- Experience providing groups for children and teens
- Demonstrated multicultural competence, including expertise understanding of BIPOC and LGBTQ presenting problems.