Certified School Psychologist K-12
Moshannon Valley School District is accepting applications for the a Certified School Psychologist K-12.
The Certified School Psychologist K-12 for the Moshannon Valley School District is a Full Time Position with full benefits.
Responsibilities for School Psychologist
- Screen students for potential psychological issues and make recommendations for treatment plans based on this screening
- Network with teachers and families to create 504 plans and Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) that help ensure success for kids who have disabilities
- Counsel students and parents while pointing them toward further resources when needed
- Collaborate with the special education team to design and implement intervention strategies and programs
- Administer therapy to children with developmental, learning or behavioral delays
- Work with at-risk youth who are in need of educational intervention to help them achieve success
- Analyze and treat school children using psychoanalytic and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) techniques
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding student health and academic records
Qualifications for School Psychologist
- A Valid PA school psychologist certification is required.
- Experience working as a school interventionist or psychologist
- Firm understanding of child and school psychology
- Commitment to continuing education as a school psychologist throughout your career
- Excellent communication skills with both children and adults
- Ability to maintain and organize confidential records
- Understanding and commitment to following all related laws and standards
- Organizational, scheduling and planning skills to manage complex schedule, and the schedule of many kids