Assistant Beverage Manager
Be part of our exciting Beverage Team. We offer you a competitive salary and a full benefits package!
Have questions? Contact Nicole at 952/496-6918 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Areas of Responsibility: Beverage
Job Summary: Manages all staff, activities and events of the beverage service operation to ensure a pleasant guest experience and efficient operations, the standard is 80% of time spent is on the floor, 20% on other assigned duties. Must effectively navigate complex situations with limited or evolving information. Complies with all alcohol service standards, procedures and policies. Coordinates service calls for property-wide beverage equipment. Applies high guest service standards to ensure a pleasant guest experience through the adequate and timely supply of beverage throughout the casino floor. Pursues avenues to increase revenue for all beverage areas.
Budget/Asset Responsibilities: Assist the Beverage Operations Manager with preparing and maintaining the budget. Address variances both cash and liquor and explain them in writing. Responsible for reconciling banks from alcohol.
- Manages staff and staff concern to resolution. Effectively communicates upward, downward and laterally. Manage the day to day bar and floor operation to include scheduling, maps, rotation to ensure proper coverage at all times. Maximize revenue opportunities. Continually monitors activities of staff to ensure efficient operation. Conducts daily operations in adherence to policy, procedures and safety standards, including responsible alcohol service. Ensure Bartenders are preparing alcoholic beverages according to enterprise recipe specifics and standards. Reconciles cash-outs for floor servers, concession servers, and high stakes servers and Bar Staff.
- Interacts with guests and staff to quickly and completely resolve issues to ensure exceptional guest service and a positive work environment.
- Prepares accurate and updated team member schedules to accommodate work flow.
- Ensures that all bars and Beverage stations are clean, adequately stocked and all equipment is functioning
- Lead team of direct reports with responsibility to interview, select, hire, promote, train and develop. Counsels and issues disciplinary action. Completes all required paperwork. Responsible for pre-shift meetings for all beverage positions, content and delivery.
- Occasional Tasks. Troubleshoots beverage machine problems.
- Coordinates additional training for guest service classes and leadership classes.
- Orders supplies and maintains inventory.
- Performs Bartender/Bar Back duties.
Days TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or Hiring Range based on qualifications
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including any combination of post-high school restaurant/bar education and/or restaurant/bar experience to equal three years.
- Minimum of one-year supervisory experience in an alcohol service environment. Experience relevant within the past 15 years
- Beginning experience with word-processing, spreadsheets, presentation, and electronic mail software.
- Excellent organization and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Certified Food Service Manager Certificate or ability to obtain within one year of employment.
- A proven people leader with success building and leading high performing teams. Act as a leader of change and innovation across the business.
- Skilled in proactively assessing organizational performance and aligning solutions with strategic and cultural initiatives.
- Demonstrated success of strong relationship management and team-building skills, with ability to influence leaders and team members at all levels within the greater organization. Experience with change management and rolling out small and large scale initiatives.
- Outstanding written, verbal, interpersonal, coaching and presentation skills with the ability to tailor messaging to the audience.
- Strong collaborator who influences effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders at all levels.