Student Accounts Assistant
Student Accounts Assistant (Part-time) Ohio Wesleyan University
Position duties and responsibilities include:
- Represent the university with a professional demeanor and customer service orientation.
- Assist with entry of additional tuition charges and miscellaneous fees in the student accounts system.
- Assist with 1098-T form information processing and handling.
- Research student information necessary to answer questions posed by students and families regarding student account balances, payments, payment plans, and deadlines.
- Assist with collection efforts of students' accounts, Perkins loans, and University loans and other financing options.
- Assist with student refund processing in a timely manner.
- Track students who utilize non-traditional payment options such as College Illinois, 529 plans, ROTC scholarships, VA funds, etc.
- Assist the Manager of Student Accounts with various account reconciliation tasks.
- Assist in required data entry as needed to maintain accurate records.
- Maintain a secure environment for all confidential information regarding any financial and student matters.
- Assist in the maintenance of an appropriate accounts receivable records system.
- Process checks, cash deposits, wire transfers, and ACH payments, and monitor payments made through third-party servicer.
- Understand the functionality of an online third-party payment system and provide help to students and families as needed.
- Provide general outreach efforts via email, mail, phone, and/or text for all incoming, current and former students, if collection efforts are deemed necessary. Assist in completion of annual financial audits, internally and externally, if needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Two years’ work experience in accounts receivable or student accounts.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to various computer programs.
- Ability to manipulate data in Excel, analyze data, present findings, and act on conclusions.
- Ability to protect and maintain the confidentiality of information.
- Ability to plan work and complete tasks within prescribed deadlines.
- Effective written communication skills
- Successful experience working with persons from diverse backgrounds;
- Previous experience working with a student information system, such as PowerCampus, Colleague/Banner, etc.;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in unusual or new situations and to ask for help when appropriate;
- Ability to accept a variety of assignments without losing focus;
- Able to complete tasks with frequent interruptions from walk-ins;
- Ability to download reports from a system into Excel;
- Ability to successfully interact professionally and tactfully with multiple constituents;
- Effective interpersonal skills;
- Effective oral communication skills;
- Willingness to engage with OWU’s mission and aims.
- Willingness to actively demonstrate support for diversity, equity, and inclusiveness and participate in fostering a respectful, positive work environment that welcomes all persons.