Business Development Manager
Sol Systems is seeking a Business Development Manager to join our Sol Customer Solutions team overseeing at least one of our solar campaigns. This role offers the right candidate an opportunity to lead new solar sales and development efforts and join a growing team that is already one of the leaders in commercial solar development in the US. Sol Customer Solutions is a joint venture between Capital Dynamics and Sol Systems.
Sol Systems is a solar energy project development and financial services company with a national footprint and a diverse customer, investor, and partner base. We have financed or developed over $2 billion of solar energy assets to date. As a leading renewable energy developer, financier, trader and operator, Sol empowers entrepreneurs to have a meaningful impact on the world with a focus on catalyzing the development and operation of sustainable infrastructure.
Capital Dynamics is an independent global asset management firm focusing on private assets including private equity, private credit, clean energy infrastructure and clean energy infrastructure credit. The firm oversees more than USD 16 billion in assets under management and advisement and is one of the largest long-term owners of renewable energy assets in the US.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for:
- Overseeing multiple campaigns focused on a geographic region or customer type from start to maturity
- Strategic analysis to identify qualified customers for commercial solar systems by understanding the relevant market, financing available, and other considerations.
- Prospecting viable customers through marketing outreach, calling campaigns, conference attendance, in-person meetings, and other creative outreach ideas.
- Financial modeling of potential opportunities
- Educating potential customers on solar as a product and arranging for initial customer meetings and proposal presentations
- Working closely with other members of team to stay current on solar market trends, particularly financing expectations and project costs, that influence and guide viable solar prospects
- Logging all communications with customers in Salesforce and running reports to measure activity
- Analysis of customer's current and projected electrical usage and potential financial return on investment
- Partial oversight of analyst and/or associate who will provide market research, qualification of customers, and generate proposals for interested customers
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Results-oriented self-starter with strong desire to grow and succeed
- Multiple years of business development experience with a proven track record of success in complex development or sales role
- Four-year college degree; Business or Engineering degree is preferred but not required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn quickly while maintaining a keen eye for details and staying organized
- Refined and effective phone communication skills
- Analytical and research skills
- Business to Business experience is a plus
- Understanding of the solar industry is a plus
- Understanding the storage industry is a plus
- Experience managing analysts previously is a plus
Location & Hours: This is a full-time role and will be based either in a target state market for Sol Customer Solutions that the Business Development Manager will be leading or within the Washington, DC office.
Commitment & Compensation: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. In addition, the SCS team provides health insurance, retirement benefits, partial gym reimbursement, education benefits, parental leave, paid vacation, sick and federal holidays, and the opportunity to work in a unique and dynamic environment.
Sol Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on gender, race, ethnicity, orientation, creed, or another trait. Sol Systems supports and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.