Outreach Counselor, Senior
Please Note: The working title for this requisition has been updated to Outreach Counselor, Senior. The College of Nursing seeks a bilingual .50-.75 FTE Counselor. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering telephone counseling interventions per protocol in studies of cancer survivors and their caregivers. This position is grant funded and may last a maximum of two years.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides education and support counseling via telephone protocol to English and Spanish speaking cancer survivors and their caregivers.
- Conducts data collections by telephone with participants.
- Assists with study participant recruitment activities.
- Manages research data.
- Develops and compiles reports, as well as other communication materials.
- Assists with data analysis and report writing.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is typically required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- 3-4 years of relevant experience.
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish.
- Previous experience working as an Outreach Counselor.
- Health Care Professional: Licensed Social Worker, Counselor or Nurse.
- Master's degree in related field.