Graphic Designer #2020-4733
Posted Date: 7 days ago(7/14/2020 3:49 PM)
Number of Openings: 1
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Type of Search: Staff
Who May Apply: This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number: 2020-4733
Campus: St Paul
Department/Unit: Printing Services - Auxiliary Services
FLSA Status: Exempt/Salaried
Employment: Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year: 12
Benefits Eligible: Yes
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Graphic Designer position within the Printing Services Department.
The University of St. Thomas embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. Our convictions of dignity, diversity and personal attention call us to embody and champion a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants of diverse races, ethnicities, geographic origins, gender identities, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, religions, work experience, physical and intellectual abilities, and financial means. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This commitment is consistent with our mission to inspire our students, using the Catholic intellectual tradition, to think critically, work skillfully, and act wisely – all for the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
This position is responsible for design and production of magazines, viewbooks, posters, direct mail pieces, ads, invitations and other printed and digital materials used by graduate and undergraduate programs, individual academic and administrative departments and other clients as assigned. This is a full time position.
1. Design and Production – Design and produce publications, magazines, ads and other printed and digital material.
2. Planning – Work with clients, to plan ads and publications
3. Technology – Utilize design-specific software. Keep current with technology changes and trends that influence the design process and outcomes.
4. Print Shop Back-Up – Be the backup for production needs within the print center
5. Other duties as assigned.
- B.A, B.S. or B.F.A. in graphic design or a related field
- Three years of experience as a graphic designer
An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired may be substituted. For example, someone with a high school diploma and seven years of experience as a graphic designer would be considered.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer