Information Technology Specialist III
Hiring Range Commensurate based on experience.
Western State Hospital may be just the place to practice your profession. Our state-of-the-art facility, professional staff and excellent benefit package make Western State Hospital a premier employer in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley. We are seeking a Senior Programmer Analyst who will serve in a lead capacity and work with staff to analyze and document requirements; design application user interfaces; translate requirements into efficient code; develop test plans and test completed programs and modules. This position also communicates with business users and senior IT staff concerning requirements, technical needs, and issue resolution; provides technical support for production applications as appropriate; provides guidance and leadership on industry technical trends; provides mentoring and guidance to junior-level programmer analysts. This position will also provide design specifications programmers and ensure specifications are clear, concise, and meet the needs of the data owner.
The Senior Programmer Analyst position provides support for both internal and external customer facing projects, and works closely with subject matter experts in the business unit as well as with all roles in Information Services & Technology.
- Extensive experience in the design and development of applications using the .Net framework
- Demonstrated experience in database application development using:
o SQL Server 2008 – 2019 R2 databases
o SQL Server Reporting Services
o Microsoft Integration Services, and database integrity tools like Code First and Database First
- Front end development using:
o CSS or RAD tools
o Popular libraries such as Java Script,
Jquery, Angular, Backbone, or Knockout
- Comprehensive experience using Visual Studio (version 2010 to current)
- Graduation from a college or university with course work in Computer Science or related field is preferred. An equivalent combination of training and experience indicating possession of the preceding knowledge and abilities may substitute for education.
- Demonstrated experience in Web development using ASP .NET MVC, C#, and the Entity Framework
- Demonstrated RESTful API development using Web API, Microsoft Razor scripting
- Bilingual in Spanish/English is a plus.
The successful applicant must pass a criminal background investigation, drug screening test and employment reference check. The applicant must have the ability to perform at the level of physical demands noted on the Employee Work Profile and the verified ability to perform the essential functions of the position.