Wicomico Nursing Home
RN Job Description
Performs nursing procedures and task as directed in Nursing Procedure Manual. Acts in capacity of leadership on a unit. Attends required in-service education in accordance with regulations.
Must be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse. Certified in CPR.
- Patient Care
- Assess physical needs of each resident.
- Evaluate and develop a plan of care for each resident. Institute and revise as necessary.
- Supervise and coordinate direct patient care.
- Maintain accurate, appropriate and complete documentation on the medical record of each patient as relates to that care.
- Effectively supervise performance of geriatric nursing assistants and medication aides. Evaluate, discuss, and discipline as necessary.
- Assist with staff development to enhance and enlarge their knowledge base, and to assure compliance with existing regulations.
- Assist with orientation of new nursing personnel by familiarizing them with policies and procedures of the home, physical plant and residents as well as to assess and evaluate their position skills.
- Coordinate and direct overall operation of nursing unit.
- Make sound decisions based on principles of nursing practices and personnel policy.
- Establish and maintain good rapport with residents, families, and staff.
- Perform all duties as delegated by the Director of Nursing service.